These terms and conditions (the “Booking Contract”) are between and shall bind the property owner or manager (“we”, “us” and “our”) and the holidaymaker(s) who book our property (the “Property”) through the Turford House Website (the “Website”) or by Email (“Email”). Each such booking is referred to in the Booking Contract as a “Booking”. References to “you” or “your” are references to the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party test.
Any Booking is subject to the Booking Contract. This Booking Contract and/or our confirmation email contain the entire agreement between us and you and forms the basis of your agreement with us so please read them carefully. Nothing in this Booking Contract affects your usual statutory rights.
For the avoidance of doubt, you acknowledge and agree that the provider of the Property is the Property Owners Paul and Rose James trading as Turford House Lettings.
There are two ways in which a Booking can be made by you. Either you can:
- Book a Property with us by making the payment specified in the initial quote provided to you by us via the Website or Email (the “Quote”). The Booking shall be made and this Booking Contract shall be effective once the Initial Deposit (as defined below) or full payment has been received by us and you have received an email confirming the Booking and including the Cancellation Policy (as defined below); or
If the Quote requires that you:
- Make a payment in full, then you must pay the full amount for the Booking to Turford House Lettings or nominated name/bank account by the due date; or
- Pay an initial deposit (the “Initial Deposit”) followed by a balance payment (the “Balance”), then you must make both payments to Turford House Lettings or nominated name/bank account within the specified time periods.
You shall be required to pay the applicable damage deposit (the “Damage Deposit”), cleaning fee and/or any other fees (“Other Fees”) as set out in the email confirmation as part of your payment in full or your Balance payment (as applicable).
You should carefully check the details of the Quote before making any payment to Turford House Lettings or nominated name/bank account regarding your Booking, as well as the confirmation email and inform us immediately of any errors or omissions.
Where you have only paid an Initial Deposit, you are required to send to Turford House Lettings or nominated name/bank account your payment for the Balance and you may be required to pay the Damage Deposit and/or Other Fees within a certain period prior to the arrival date specified in the email confirmation (the “Arrival Date”). If you fail to make the balance payment due to us in full and on time, we shall be entitled to treat your Booking as cancelled by you and the Cancellation Policy (as defined below) shall apply.
If you need to cancel or amend your Booking you must write to us or email us as soon as possible. A cancellation or amendment will not take effect until we receive confirmation from you. The cancellation policy described in your email confirmation (“Cancellation Policy”) applies to your Booking and Turford House Lettings will refund any amounts due to you in accordance with the agreed Cancellation Policy.
In the event that:
- any Balance required from you is not paid in accordance with the timeframes set out in the Cancellation Policy; or
- you do not arrive at the property within 24 hours of your arrival time without notifying us, then we shall be entitled to treat your Booking as being cancelled by you and the Cancellation Policy shall apply.
We would not expect to have to make any changes to your Booking once it is agreed between you and us, but sometimes problems occur and we do have to make alterations or, very occasionally cancel Bookings.
If this does happen, we will contact you as soon as is reasonably practical and inform you of the cancellation or the change to your Booking. If we cancel your Booking, Turford House Lettings will refund you any fees you have already paid to Turford House Lettings. However, we will not be liable to refund you for any fees you may have paid to any third party in connection with your holiday (including, without limitation, fees for travel, entertainment, activities or insurance).
Provided that the guest pays the full balance on time, they can receive a 100% refund of the total amount paid if they cancel at least 14 days before check-in. No refunds for cancellations made after 14 days, except for medical reasons of which a registered Doctor’s letter will be required.
You can arrive at the Property after the time specified by us on the Arrival Date for your holiday and you must leave by the time specified by us on the departure date we give you. We will let you know these times in writing in advance of your stay.
If your arrival will be delayed, you must contact the person whose details are given on the booking confirmation email so that alternative arrangements can be made. If you fail to do so you may not be able to gain access to the Property. If you fail to arrive by midday on the day after the Arrival Date and you do not advise the contact of your anticipated late arrival we may treat the Booking as having been cancelled by you and we shall be under no obligation to refund you via Turford House Lettings for fees already paid to us. Please see the Cancellation Policy for further details.
An inventory of items is provided in the Property (in the Guest Manual located in the Dining Room) and will be available for you, at check-in, to review, check and sign your agreement to its content. If required, the inventory shall be signed by you to signify your agreement and/or to correct any discrepancies at check in.
Any discrepancies are to be notified to us by you (by email or tele) as soon as possible to enable speedy resolution and agreement of any discrepancies. It is often extremely difficult (and sometimes impossible) to resolve problems properly unless we are promptly notified.
If we do not receive your notification, or you choose not to sign and/or agree the Inventory provided, you shall be deemed to have accepted the Inventory and its content in its entirety.
You agree to comply with the regulations set out in any property manual at the Property and any other regulations reasonably specified by us from time to time and ensure that they are observed by all members of your party. You agree to keep and leave the Property and the furnishings, including items such as kitchen equipment, crockery and glasses clean and in good condition with rubbish removed to the waste bin.
You agree not to cause any damage to the walls, doors, windows or any other part of the Property nor to do anything that may be reasonably considered to cause a nuisance or annoyance to us or to any other occupier of adjoining or neighboring properties.
You agree to take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property while at the Property. Any losses and/or damage to your personal property during the Booking period is at your entire risk.
You agree to ensure that each member of your party is covered by comprehensive travel insurance (including cancellation, flight delays, loss and damage to baggage and other property) and health insurance (including evacuation and repatriation coverage).
You cannot allow more people to stay in the Property than expressly authorised, nor can you significantly change the makeup of the party during your stay in the Property, nor can you take your pet into the Property unless permitted by us in writing in advance. If you do so, we can refuse to hand over the Property to you or can require you to leave it. We will treat any of these circumstances as a cancellation of the Booking by you and we shall be under no obligation to refund you for any fees already paid to us in those circumstances. Any refund will be at our sole discretion.
You agree to allow us or any representative of ours access to the Property at any reasonable time during your stay for the purpose of essential repairs, in an emergency or to ensure you are complying with this Booking Contract.
You agree to pay the Cost caused by you or any member of your booking party for any damage and/or loss caused to the Property and/or its Furniture, Fittings and Equipment. The Cost shall be calculated by obtaining quotations to repair the damage or replace the lost items and/or reasonable estimates for the damage and/or loss caused by you. The Cost shall be paid into the Property Owners nominated bank account no later than 3 days from the date of invoice/email notification. If you fail to pay the costs of the damage and/or loss by the nominated payment date the debt maybe referred to the Court for recovery as a debt due.
Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable and memorable holiday. If, however, you have any cause for complaint it is important that remedial action is taken as soon as possible.
It is essential that you contact us if any problem arises so that it can be speedily resolved. It is often extremely difficult (and sometimes impossible) to resolve problems properly unless we are promptly notified. Discussion of any criticisms with us whilst you are in residence at the Property will usually enable any shortcomings to be rectified straightaway. In particular, complaints of a transient nature
(for example, regarding preparation or heating of the Property) cannot possibly be investigated unless registered whilst you are in residence at the Property.
(for example, if discrepancies are found in the check-in inventory, they must be reported to us immediately by email or in writing or the inventory will be deemed agreed. Otherwise, any discrepancies cannot be investigated and resolved within a reasonable time)
If any complaint cannot be resolved during your holiday, you must write to us or email us with full details within 28 days of the end of your Booking.
For the avoidance of doubt, you shall always contact us if you have any complaint in relation to your Booking or the Property.
Our maximum liability for losses you suffer as a result of us acting in breach of this Booking Contract is strictly limited to the amounts received by us in relation to your Booking. We shall not be liable for any losses which are not a foreseeable consequence of us breaching this Booking Contract. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your Booking is confirmed by us.
Your Booking is made as a consumer for the purpose of a holiday and you acknowledge that we will not be liable for any business losses howsoever suffered or incurred by you.
For the avoidance of doubt, Turford House Lettings and/or its Owners shall not be liable to you or responsible for:
- any issue between you and us regarding the Booking;
- any failure in relation to any payments due to the failure of a payment solution provided by a third party; and
- the rejection of any payment of yours by a third party payment solution provider.
- any losses and/or damage to your property during the Booking.
This Booking Contract (including any non-contractual obligations arising under or in relation to this Booking Contract) between you and us is governed by the law of England and Wales and we both agree that any dispute, matter or other issue which arises between us will be exclusively dealt with by the Courts of England and Wales.
- Check-in arrangements (i.e. key safe codes and/or meet and greet arrangements) will be communicated by Property Owners to authorised Guests prior to agreed check in time;
- Only 6 (six) authorised Guests including children above 3 years old are permitted to stay at Turford House;
- No children under 3 are permitted unless approved in advance by Property Owners;
- All children must be fully supervised at all times. Turford House does not provide travel cots, stair guards, high chairs , window guards or the like. Guests undertake to provide all necessary equipment to safeguard children at all times during the Booking;
- No pets allowed, unless approved in writing by Property Owners;
- No smoking or vaping is permitted;
- If you smoke outside please don’t throw the cigarette butts on the floor, dispose of them responsibly;
- Please only put the three P’s down the toilet, Paper, Poo and Pee;
- Please do not take any towels or bedding outside the property;
- No parties, gatherings or events including stag or hen nights;
- Noisy activities are to be avoided at all times during the stay;
- Check-in time is 15:00 or later unless otherwise approved in advance by Property Owners;
- Check-out time is 10:00 am or earlier unless otherwise approved in advance by Property Owners;
- Shoes and boots are to be removed at the front entrance door;
- Kitchen fan must be turned on when cooking;
- Free car parking is available for a maximum of two cars, one car off road and one car on road under the local authority blue permit system. Parking is at owners’ risk in all respects. A pair of yellow kerb ramps for off road parking, if needed, are available behind the black bin;
- On road parking requires Guests car registration number to be communicated to Property Owners at or before agreed check to allow transfer of the electronic permit;
- During your stay and before check out the house is to be left in a clean and tidy condition as you found it in with clean plates and pans etc, all rubbish emptied in the black wheelie bin and recycle boxes located in the corner of the external off road car park space;
- One set of clean bedding and towels are provided on each bed at check in. Guests are required to undertake any additional bed/towel cleaning at their own cost and/or utilise the washer /dryer provided in the kitchen;
- To avoid staining damage to wet/damp clothes, bedding and towels etc from oak furniture, please DO NOT hang damp/wet washing over the backs of oak chairs and/or on oak tables. Please use the clothes drying racks provided in the cloakroom;
- At check-out all door keys (2 sets) are to be locked in the key safe or left on the kitchen work top nearest the front door. If there are additional sets of keys issued at check-in (i.e. more than two sets) they are to be left on the kitchen work top.
- Damage and breakages – unfortunately accidents can happen from time to time. All breakages and damage must be paid for and reimbursed to the Property Owners within 3 days of receipt of our schedule of costs.
You may not transfer your Booking or any rights and responsibilities under this Booking Contract to any other person, without our prior written consent.
If at any time any part of this Booking Contract is held to be unenforceable for any reason under any applicable law, that part shall be deemed omitted and the enforceability of the remaining parts shall not in any way be affected by that omission.
This Booking Contract, together with the Cancellation Policy and our confirmation email contain the entire agreement between us and you relating to the Booking and shall supersede any previous agreements, arrangements or discussions between you and us, whether oral or in writing. No representation, undertaking or promise shall be taken to have been given or be implied from anything said or written in negotiations between you and us prior to receiving the confirmation email except as expressly stated in this Booking Contract. Neither you nor us shall have any remedy in respect of any untrue statement made by the other upon which that party relied in entering into this Booking Contract (unless such untrue statement was made fraudulently) and that party’s only remedy shall be for breach of contract as provided in this Booking Contract.
We will not be in breach of this Booking Contract, or otherwise liable for any failure or delay in performance, arising from any circumstances beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, flood, fire, explosion or accident.